Saturday, April 29, 2023

Five Things Making Me Happy This Week!

In an effort to keep up with my stamping blog until I start classes again in the fall, I plan to post about random things making me happy each week!  



Ellen's club volleyball team had their last tournament last Sunday!  Ellen had been the assistant coach all season, but she became the head coach for that weekend!  And, then four of her girls got sick!  But, it was still a fantastic way to end the season with a win in the silver bracket!


My cousin John texted me on Monday morning saying he was coming to Dallas on Tuesday!  Unbelievably our schedules were able to be rearranged and dinner plans were made!  It was fabulous, as always, to see him!



The Tarrant Area Food Bank Empty Bowls Fundraiser was Friday!  I LOVE to look at all the bowls and put together collections to display.  This year I knew I wanted a red (like fire engine red!) bowl and an orange one!  I found both of those...plus 8 more!


The red and orange bowls completed the rainbow on display in my entertainment center!


While this is a blog post about things that are making me happy, please let me be clear:  I do not enjoy (despise, detest, abhor...are those words too strong?  I don't think so!) yard work.  But, Chris helped me pull some actual trees out of our flower beds, and we disturbed the cutest little lizard.  He was such a bright, happy green color!



And, while I don't enjoy yard work, I do LOVE nature!  These driveway bushes are in full bloom and smell amazing!  Plus they are covered in gorgeous butterflies!


We finished up some morning errands with lunch at Tommy Tamale.  I don't think I've ever tried a churro before, but I had seen a post on Fort Worth Foodies about these.  OMG.  Two of them were filled with strawberry and two were filled with caramel.  Both were divine!  Then, for dinner, we met my high school friend Liz and her husband Chris at Craft & Vine in Roanoke.  No pictures from dinner, but it was a fabulous time...the perfect end to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment