Saturday, May 13, 2023

A few things making me happy LAST week

 So, it's only my second week to try to keep maintaining my blog, and I'm already behind! But...I had a really good excuse!  A tree trimmer went up Dad's street and tore down two power lines.  When the utility company in Rolla reconnected the power, they sent 480 volts to the house, instead of the 120 it is supposed to get!  Eek!  Dad said there were explosions all over the house!  Many appliances were killed during the surge.  Dad and Jerry were a little overwhelmed with the whole process of getting things back to normal, so I flew to Springfield the next morning and got to work putting the house back together!  It was mostly a frustrating week, but, of course, there were a few things that made me happy!



I flew into Springfield, and I had a few things to deliver to my sister, so instead of leaving them on her porch, I unexpectedly dropped by her work.  It truly was unexpected, as she didn't even know I was flying into Springfield!  The staff at her school totally let me walk up to her classroom. First time in her 21 years of teaching that I've ever just stopped by!  And, I got to meet her 4th period class and tell them in person that I DO NOT cheat at Wordle!




I got out of Dad's house one evening and got to take a LONG walk at Lion's Club Park!  It's fun to walk around water and see the beaver and the duck families!




Dad LOVES to play scratch off lottery tickets, and I typically don't!  But, this particular night, Dad was buying some for himself and insisted I play too.  Unbelievably, I actually won a few dollars!





Another evening I went on a walk on the Acorn Trail  I saw this HUGE armadillo (have to be honest, not used to seeing them alive) and the trail has a whole section that is full of honeysuckle.  That's definitely one of my favorite smells!


And, finally, when I got back home to Fort Worth, my Stampin' Up! order with new products was waiting for me!  Ah, it's good to be home! :)  Next week, I'm flying back to MO, but tomorrow I'm hoping to make THIS week's post, and I actually have some stamping related things making me happy this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment