Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bailey's Birthday!

My sweet neighbor is turning 7 soon! Her mom always makes my girls' birthday cakes--delicious and beautiful--so I had to do a good job on her invitations! I used the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp. I "modified" mine...I cut out the center part of the cupcake that has the thank you note form when I mounted it. This allowed me to simply stamp the outline of the cupcake. I did the party info on the computer and printed it on Pretty in Pink card stock, then used the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to get the cupcake base stamped such that all the party info was perfectly centered. (The SAMJ is a "must have" tool. Let me know if you need to learn how to use it...I'll give you a private lesson and you'll be sold!) I stamped the top of the cupcake on Close to Cocoa card stock and cut them out. The cherry on top is the best part--I stamped them in black, colored them in with Real Red and then added Crystal Effects over the top. This photo doesn't do it justice--they are shiny and sparkly in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment