Thursday, March 4, 2010

Birthday Pages


These are the two pages that I made to coordinate with the 6" by 6" page that we made at Sandie's workshop. I struggle with pages that I know are going to people with boys...you know me...GIRL MOM all the way! Sandie thought these pages were great and that was awesome because I made them for her as a "thank you" for hosting the workshop. My hostess gifts are always different and just whatever I feel like making at the time, so it was a perfect way to give these to Sandie while at the same time showcasing what you can really do with a 6" by 6" size page.
By the way, I LOVE my Simple Letters Alphabet die cut set. They are still a good size, yet they are skinny enough to fit a lot of letters across a page. The other decorative elements on this page are the use of the scallops. I added a little bit of Real Red card stock that was punched with the scallop edge behind the 6" by 6 pages so that the blue border didn't blend into the background. I also added a half circle mounted on the scallop circle that said "Happy Birthday to you" above the small page on the right. It is so easy to make scrapbook layouts when you start with 6" by 6" pages as the focal point. While I did make these to give to Sandie, I also made a set to keep for myself. Now, if only I had time to put photos on all the page layouts I have I might be closer to being caught up on my scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment