Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Caramel Apple Cheesecake





I thought I'd share a recipe today. For a dessert that is not chocolate, this is pretty good!


1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling, divided
1 graham cracker crust (I used the large "extra serving" one.)
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Reserve 3/4 cup apple pie filling. Spoon remaining filling into crust.
2. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple filling. Bake 35 minutes or unter center is set. Cool to room temperature.

3. Mix reserved apple pie filling and caramel topping in sauce pan. Heat, about 1 minute. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake. Spoon caramel sauce onto cheesecake and spread evenly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.





When I served it, I put whipped cream on and then garnished it with more caramel sauce drizzled over the top and on the plate. Like I said before, for a dessert that isn't chocolate, this one is pretty YUM! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment